-This is true for acute injuries (less than 6 weeks). Feel something new and “funky” in a joint – therapy and active rest should resolve the discomfort within a few days or weeks.
-However, for chronic conditions, inflammation may not be the main culprit… it may not even be present.
– purchase Seroquel visa without prescription Tendinopathy (or purchase propecia online tendinosis) may be the more appropriate diagnosis.
-What is Tendinopathy?
Degeneration of the tendon’s collagen fibers as a result of chronic overuse ie. Swinging a golf club a thousand times
-What happens to the tendon?
Thickening of the tendon (snapping and clicking)
Loss of collagen continuity – collagen fibers are not linking up correctly.
Production of enzymes that have been shown to breakdown collagen fibers
– This is why the anti-inflammatories (cortisone injections) may not be effective long term.
- Eccentric Exercises – repetitive lengthening of a muscle while it’s under a load. Studies have shown these types of exercises can thin down the tendon and normalize
the collagen fibers.
- Active Rest – Keeping active but staying away from the stressor (if possible)
- Manual therapy- Soften the spastic tissues surrounding the area to allow more movement. Movement = Healing
- Biomechanic correction – Assess the joint above and below the injury. Everything is connected.
- Joint Fixation – Joints will tend to lock up (subluxated/fixated) with injuries. It’s the body’s way of defending itself. These fixations need to be corrected for optimization of the joint.
Tendinopathy corrective programs available at New Path Chiropractic!
Jupiter, FL we can help you!!